In this brief tutorial we will cover how to effectively install the ArtPlacer Widgets into your WordPress website.
We recommend to read the instructions provided in the Widget Generator section of this manual before proceeding with the steps described below.
This tutorial works for WordPress / WooCommerce product pages. If you wish to embed the widget somewhere other than a product page or you don’t use WooCommerce, please read these instructions.
We will be installing the Sample Room Widget. The process for installing the Client Room Widget is quite similar.
For the widget to reproduce scale properly, you’ll need to input each product’s correct measurements under the ‘shipping’ option on your product page.
Let’s get started.
Download the ArtPlacer WordPress Plugin
1. Login to your WordPress dashboard.
2. Click on the Plugins button at the right, and Add a New plugin.
3. Search for ArtPlacer, and install the ArtPlacer App. Activate it too.
4. It should now look like this:
5. Step out of WordPress for a moment. In a new tab, log into your ArtPlacer Dashboard
Generate your Widget Code
1. Click on Widget, at the top.
2. Next, click on Create New Widget
3. You now need to create your widget. As mentioned before, on this tutorial we’re creating a Sample Room widget, so choose Sample Room
4. Type the name of your preferred space. You can find all offered spaces on the Library Spaces tab.
5. Choose Dynamic
6. Adjust the Settings and Style of your buttons.
7. Under the Code section, always select HTML.
8. Now, copy the code that was created for you. You’ll need it soon.
NOTE: Do not copy the script code. The ArtPlacer WordPress Plugin will do this part for you.
Add the Widgets
1. Head back to your WordPress Dashboard.
2. Click on ArtPlacer.
3. Click on Start Creating Widgets
4. Name your widget to easily identify the button (this will not be the button text) Set your preferred size unit. Make sure you select the one that matches the units in your website. Under Artwork, select Dynamic. If you don’t want the active artwork to be displayed automatically in your widget (and want the user to select one from the artworks’ slider instead), select Not Specified.
5. Paste the code you’ve copied from your ArtPlacer Dashboard.
It should look something like this:
6. Choose where you’d like your widget placed, and whether you’d like to exclude the widget from a collection(s) (e.g.: If you also sell pottery, you don’t want the widget to be applied to your pottery products.)
7. Click on Save Widget.
That’s it! You are all set.
Follow these steps whenever you need to create new widgets.
If you need further help, please contact us.